Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Quilting and problems there of

Its tuesday so its quilting class , the first quilt I made was for my youngest grandson Alexander , it realy was a labour of love , I did not know what I was doing so I started sewing it by hand so I had to finish by hand .It took for ever that was when I decided that I was going to learn how to machine quilt.
I wanted to make a quilt for my daughter Frances 18 birthday in January and I realy should have started it by now but that is where the problems come in . First of all getting the material, there are very few quilt shops in this part of france and they are very expensive , a friend and I were going to go to a shop in a large town about an hour and a half away but the day we were due to go I wasnt well so it was put on hold .I hope that we will be able to rearrange it soon or I will never get started.
In the mean time we are sewing a quilt in class called Grandmothers Flower Garden which when it is finishes will be presented to the village to raise funds .

1 comment:

Clare said...

I found your blog on a Google search for quilters in France. I also run a Yahoo group "English Quilters in France" which you lay be interested in.

Welcome to Blogland! Have you got a appareil numerique for uploading photos?